Monday, August 1, 2011

1.8.11

I wrote this in the early hours of the morning:
Exactly eight years I was asleep, I was healthy. In a few hours I would wake, decide against going for my morning run (cold morning), and would then set off to school.

We never really realise just how close we are to catastrophe, and that on a seemingly ordinary day a life can shatter. I can pinpoint the exact moment my life as I knew it split into two, and my life as I’d planned it - expected - was stripped from my grasp. You simply don’t expect it to happen to you, not until it does.

Truth be told, the moment I began to feel seriously ill was so very ordinary. My science class was sitting out on the blocks watching a video, and at the time, I could never have fathomed what was to come.

In a way, the girl I was died that day, but I suppose that’s always the case. We’re never the same person we were when we awoke on every given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment